Inspired by the vision of the UAE leadership to lay a strong foundation for a healthy and cohesive society, the National Program for Government Communication addresses national issues, prioritized by the National Agenda and guided by UAE Vision 2021, through bringing positive changes in people’s knowledge, attitudes and practices.
This vision brings to mind the words of His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, may his soul rest in peace, that have been resonating since the establishment of the Union:
“The UAE gives priority to the human development and the welfare of citizens everywhere. Citizens are the true resource on this land.”
Thanks to the wise leadership of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and the guidance of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, we continuously advance from one achievement to the next, with the citizen at the heart of each of these achievements. The government adopts, on federal and local levels, various initiatives and projects that help secure happiness and prosperity for all citizens.
The National Program for Government Communication has been created to tackle core issues facing society through nation-wide, intensive awareness campaigns that aim to bring positive changes to people’s lives.
The program helps raise awareness among members of society and highlight the importance of healthy lifestyle choices while reinforcing positive behavior. It also aims to facilitate cooperation between relevant federal and local government entities and the private sector, and effectively utilize innovative communication channels to reach out to citizens and residents across the UAE. This will ensure full societal participation necessary to deliver the key messages of the program and its campaigns in an original and effective manner.
The National Program for Government Communication is an umbrella for several national issues that will be addressed according to a scheduled agenda, extended over the next seven years and culminating with the UAE Vision 2021.
The National Program for Government Communication features numerous characteristics, such as:
- Active cooperation between the government and the private sector to align all efforts and fulfil the anticipated benefits of the program.
- Intensity of communication by utilizing various communication channels available to the public.
- Innovation in communication, one of the most prominent features of the program, particularly in light of the government’s determination to build the foundation for a creative and innovative Emirati society.
- Reaching out to various segments of society, addressing their concerns and focusing on issues that touch their lives.
- One of the most important principles guiding the National Program for Government Communications is the focus on issues that are national priorities and working with specialized groups representing relevant government entities to ensure direct coordination, exchange of expertise and effective financial management of the program activities.
- The program covers the UAE’s most significant societal issues and extends over seven years, harvesting its results while celebrating the Golden Jubilee of the United Arab Emirates and its Vision by 2021.